Thursday, March 18, 2004

Close one?


I haven't been feeling all that well. Started early this week. I've been getting nausea and I don't really feel like eating much. Sounds like a pregnancy, but it would be rather weird if it truly was one. Anyway, I waited for a couple of days - nearing my 'days' - but nothing so I finally decided to just start by buying a home pregnancy test.

The test says you need two lines to assume a woman is pregnant, and this is visible after 1 minute of performing the test. Non pregnant is 1 line and this is accurate (99.9%) after 3 minutes. Dang, I gotta tell you... I cried! After waiting for like half a minute I looked at the test's windows and they were like pinkish, both of them. I felt tears just about to burst, and not from happiness.

Don't get me wrong, children are wonderful and I have a nice marriage and comfortable life but I am just not ready. I've never really seen myself as mom material... may explain more about this some other time, maybe someone will help me troubleshoot that. Anyway, I know what some of you are thinking 'Why didn't you take precautions?' Well we do. We are careful and clean too. But things are never 100% sure.

Soooooo... 3 mins after, 1 line and another pinkish square. The husband and I checked and rechecked - I should add he was all excited, although we are not planning for kids for a while... must be every man's dream or something, to pass on the genes. Seems like the pinkish is normal on the windows, so just one line. *crosses fingers*

I will just wait for the monthly and then I'll schedule my regular appt with a doc (a new one since we've moved and my Women's Clinic is too far now) to make sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home