Sunday, March 21, 2004

Nice Weekend - Saturday


Woke up rather early for a Saturday - 6 am. It probably had to do with the fact that I kept waking up in the middle of the night to puke because of what I ate Friday night. I just had waaay too much pop corn and then the food at the restaurant was a little heavy for 10:30 at night - Shrimp kaboob, grilled salmon, and spicy crab cakes with cole slaw, etc, etc. Yes, it was the over eating... we've agreed that the test came out Negative (although, I am still waiting for final proof *crosses fingers*).

My hubby can't keep asleep unless I am next to him so he followed me to the living room and setup the dial up on the laptop (he'd reformatted and re-installed everything while I was reading the previous night) and I started checking posts at my favorite group. Not much had been going on so I started doing the laundry while hubby vacuumed. Then I washed some dishes that had been in the sink since last monday (nothing ecky, just glasses and plates with cake crumbs... we don't do much cooking in this house) while hubby mopped. ^_^ We have a nice system. He does one thing, I do another. Then we both sit down and watch TV. We feel hungry we both get up - one does the chopping while the other cooks - neat neat neat.

I started getting ready at about noon and then we drove to Harlingen (city about 30 mins away) to have some breakfast at the Jerusalem Cafe. Had ourselves a couple of Gyros baskets... not really Israeli food (I think it's Greek), but good nonetheless; they are thin pita bread with lamb slices and vegetables on them that you can roll up to a nice thick burrito ^_^.

Then we went to play some pool and a couple of games of bowling. Hubby whooped my butt. *Mumble-mumble* darn cricket players and their accuracy. By this time it was close to 5 pm and we made our way to my mom and dad's home to feed the pup. They went out for the weekend so when they do that we are left with the task of feeding our dog. Yes Our doggie. We got her from the pound several months back but since we moved to our new home (and still can't afford a fence) we can't keep her - strict leash laws.... heh... So anyway, we walked and played a little and came across this neighbor's lamb. Funny lamb. It was tied up and when we would pass by the area the lamb would start baaa-ah-ah-ahhhhing. My husband and Leche (her name is spanish for milk) would get close to the fence and the lamb would run away. Then they would turn their backs and the lamb would come back and be all tough, then they would turn to see it again and the lamb would run and hide once more. hehehe. They did this for about 8 rounds. I was like... Don't temp the hubby little lamb... we just had one of your friends for breakfast. HAHAHAH

Ahhhh. Okay. Then shopping for the week's food (HAHAHAHAHAHAHA As IF we'll be cooking!). That's right, we got our bottle of grapefruit, bag of chips, 6 bottles of mineral water (we eat out so much that trust me, you want to have that and some anti-acid always handy) and um... shampoo. Then drove out to find a beauty salon - we badly needed haircuts. Husband changed his look and I got an appointment for Tuesday. Then we went back to shopping.

Got him a nice little electric guitar with it's amp. I expect no more complains about the price of my lipsticks for a while. heh heh heh. ^_~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home