Monday, March 14, 2005

House Painting


Had quite a productive weekend.

Nope, I didn’t finish my backyard. Husband and Dad were talking about the yard and one thing led to another and they said they were going to build me a carport. So then they need to have the ground free. If I continue my yard work then I will have to remove it when they start working. So I will wait... once they get that done I will resume (in 6 months if I am lucky! Pft. When men say they are gonna do one thing, it takes them months to get started). At least I placed my stepping stones so that I can walk around in case of rains.

Anyway. Painted the living and dining rooms - a beautiful deep garnet. ^_^ I still need to paint the entrance and the hallway - thinking of using green.

So the rooms went from this


My plain living room


To this

After the move of the furniture


To this:

Not bad! And we didn’t spill the paint. ^_^


To presently this:

Chic and Modern


But when I get my new living room furniture it will look something like this (well, prettier, of course, with the new curtains and all the furniture in its right proportions...):

My very crappy image superimposing... oh gaw I hope it looks better than this!


:p tututut. I can’t wait for my new furniture to get here. Though, I may have to cover it up... You can’t see it in the 4th picture, but the sofa has this huge hole on the left arm... Chico got claw-happy one night and discovered it with a big chunk of fabric missing the next morning, hence the position to the far end of the room, to cover it up while we get the new furniture. :D

Hm. The sofas may not fully match with our wall designs, but... it was the style of sofa I liked the most - no back pillows. I have come to dislike furniture that relies on pillows to give them shape. The pillows flatten after a while and I hate that! Plus I need to be fixing them all the time after anyone gets up. The aren’t very trendy and often look messy. So we purchased the new livingroom furniture (3 pieces: sofa, loveseat and chair) after much search of something with no pillows for the back. I will probably make some covers for them in a plain color (I really like blue... but found nothing in blue in the style that I wanted) to 1) make them match my walls a little better, and 2)protect them from my Chico-baby.

Anyway, at the moment I’m very happy with the new look. ^_^

3 Comments:

At 4:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the black better... *eyes swivel off to the side*

But that paint is BEAUTIFUL!

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger Darv said...

Nice paint job. I think it would be perfect for a home office color.

 
At 6:45 PM, Blogger Kitty said...

Thanks. Yes, it would. But I dont' think i'll be painting my office any time soon. Toooo much cr@p in this room to move out. hehe. Plus this one is carpeted. I may just cover the walls with erm... something, like prints of my works or something. yeah, that sounds like a good idea. :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home