Thursday, February 10, 2005

Dog Races


I feel all hyper tonight.

Dad invited us to the doggie races at Harlingen (neighboring town about 20 mins away via expressway). We said okay but we weren’t going to be betting… much… hehe.

Which I didn’t, since we didn’t have any money. Basically I took 5 bucks cash and with that I was able to play 7 races! I won the first race… like 40 cents, but that gave me enough to bet on the next race. I won that one too, like 5 bucks, then lost the 3rd, lost the 4th, won the 5th (7 dollars), lost the 6th, and won the 7th. I ended up with 12.40, so I actually came with 7.40 extra cash home!!!

Whoo hoo!

I played it safe, betting to so-so doggies to place on 1st, 2nd, or 3rd. My last race I actually went more daring and played a quiniela (or something like that) where I had to guess the 1st and 2nd places together. AND I DID!

It was fun. ^_^ and a good stress reliever from what I was doing just before dad came over – I was debugging a program… ~_~ The program has an error connecting to a database, and it is probably something very simple but I just can’t see it! I know the programming is correct (darn it! I tested it at another server and works!) but the connection to this specific server is not going through.

Ah wells. I’ll just have to keep debugging now. But I least me’s happy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home