Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Peta, Jacinta, and Margarita


I’ve been happy.

I’ve sold some of my hemp pieces, the most popular being the twisted half knot with round, painted wooden beads and earrings. I guess those are just pretty. ^_^

The pieces: Brita and Lisa

So I’ve done variations of the styles, just so there aren’t many people around wearing the same things you know. Some variations:


Peta



Jacinta


And here’s a piece I made a while back, for a Xmas present.


Margarita


My sister gave me a call this past Friday and said that she had told the girls at work about my pieces and even showed them some printouts she had made. Apparently some of them were interested in seeing the larger works (my sister only managed to print thumbs) and also feel them. You know, quality of work is better appreciated live, right? So she said, “Send me some things! Dad is coming over this weekend, so give some to him so that I have things to show them on Monday”

Yikes… I didn’t really have any… the pieces that I have are… mine and used (so they are nice and soft now ^_^; ) and all others pretty much sold (yeeeeyyy thanks Mom and Patty! With the money I got from those I paid for Chico’s operation ^_^) But I told her I could manage maybe 2 sets to show… plus some bead jewelry that I made for me, but hadn’t yet used.

So I took out my wooden post and my ball of hemp and did repeats of Le Work. Margarita was a repeat, since that one is a fairly simple chocker design, with braided ends, so no particular need to know much about neck sizes or anything. I’ve now requests for earrings… ayayay. Hopefully I can come up with a design that will keep the flower motif. I may work on that sometime this week.

Yey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home