Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Titi Come Back


I was cleaning the home, laundry, feeding Tushi, etc., when I get a call from my Dad telling me that Leche (the white Corgy) had made a hole on the floor and gotten out of the back yard… Titi (the little Chihuahua) had gone out as well… Leche came back but Titi didn’t. He said Mom was very sad and asked if I could go over to do something with her.

After we hung up I hurried to the computer and made posters, because thankfully I am the crazy one in the family that is always photographing the pets. After I finished printing several 8x14 posters I headed over to Mom’s. She seemed a little down but mostly disappointed with Leche… This is not the first time she escapes and does damage around. Leche would do it to me at our previous home (Leche was originally my dog, but she kept breaking her chains – all sorts! – and doing mischief around the neighborhood), because she would keep making holes around our fence our other doggie, Coffee was lost… he was younger and would just want to do what she would do. Then months later, after she was with my Mom, my parents got the pretty baby rottweiler (Beauty) and while we were at work someone broke into the house and Leche didn’t even bite someone. When mom got home she was pretty much just laying down under the shade. And now, she gets out of the house and she comes back but not the little one…

I don’t know. I think we just didn’t know how to train her right. I wonder what I screwed up with. She’s always had plenty of space to play. Toys, no problem; we are the spoiling kind of owners. My parents take her walking everyday for miles – remember my mom is a marathon runner. Why does she always want to run out?

Dad told Mom to let her out again so maybe she’d go around where she went originally… and maybe find Titi and then Titi would be able to get back home… an hour later Leche came back alone again. I drove around and went through the same route my parents usually take while running but I did not see her. Mother went all around asking neighbors and workers (they are building a whole new block behind her house, the whole place is all new houses). Mom thinks someone stole her and she may be right. A little Chihuahua… they may bark but she was 4 months and her teeth have just fallen, it is just so easy to grab the thing and put her in a box.

And everything happened so quickly. Mom says that Titi was seated on her pillow inside the house (because she is an Inside pet), by the porch door. And she started whimpering and moving around like she does when she has to go pee-pee. So she opened the door and let her out. She was washing breakfast dishes and then went inside the bedroom to make the bed. She said she was hearing them both bark because of the construction workers that were doing their stuff behind their yard. But she said that after a bit she didn’t hear them bark anymore, so she went back to the kitchen to see through the window and didn’t see them. Then went outside and called them but nothing… and when she did checked around she noticed the huge hole on the ground.

So Mom went outside and began calling them and after some time of searching around the block she called my dad… Dad told me over the phone that my Mom was crying…

I’ve only seen my mom cry twice…

Oh please, please… let Titi come back home. I really hope if anyone sees her that they are honest people and return her. That is what we have done with pets that have come to our doors... please return the favor. Please do.


Titi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home