Friday, February 04, 2005

Pet Toy


A couple of weeks back Chico jumped on the table at night and stole one of my hemp necklaces. It was a test for a new knot that I was learning, and the ends were not finished. It came rather twisted (and that was not on purpose) and I didn’t like it, so I just left it there. In the morning I found Tushi chewing on it happily.

Now I’ve been playing with the babies and the necklace all the time because one likes to swat at the loose threads and the other likes to bite and tug with all her might. Either way both are entertained by it.

So I decided to make a bigger one, with the very thick hemp and make a real toy. I came up with this chew toy


Pet Chew/Pull Toy


I will give it to mom to use with Machin since he’s biting everything he can get his canines on! It should help massage his gums while his teetch are coming out entirely and prevent him from chewing the chair legs. It has worked for Tushi so it may work for him too. This one is a little over 12 inches in length and ½ inch thick on the braided part. I was going to put pony beads on the ends before the little knots, but I opted against it because what if the little one is strong enough to break them?! It could be dangerous if he swallows broken beads.

I will make another toy, probably 5-8 inches bigger for Tushi, since being a Terrier she’ll get much bigger and the little necklace she’s playing with now will not last much longer. I’ll work on another design just for Chico… it’s probably gonna have to be thinner and with very long threads or feathers at the end or something.

I gotta brainstorm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home