Thursday, March 31, 2005

Jewelry Group


I am member of an online community of Jewelry Crafters. These artists whose occupations range from mommies to wholesalers all get together through the wonderful link of cyberspace and share ideas, hints, links, and works. It’s one of the online communities that I found active and helpful.

Every day there are posts from someone being a newbie and wanting help in knowing what to buy to begin their new hobby. Personally I bought one of those little kits that help you make 1 necklace and that came with all materials and instructions for said necklace. It was an economical way of learning if I was going to like the idea of jewelry making and if I found that I didn’t, no problem, I hadn’t spent much in a bunch of things... just in that one kit for that one piece of jewelry. After a couple of kits then one knows if the hobby is what one is looking for. But anyway, everyone starts their own way.

So when we’re not repeating the same thing for the new aspiring crafters (I’m not complaining really!... but... would it hurt new people to perhaps scan archives before asking such common questions?) we are just chatting it up about particular issues that concern us: which wire is better, where to find a particular brand of bead, pewter beads vs silver, how to sell, how to advertise, listings of local fairs, so on and so forth. Then there is the most interesting to me (which I am proud to say I suggested): The actual classes.

^_^ And I just happened to have given my first one yesterday! After seeing enough interest in hemp related items, I volunteered for a small project. I made a supply list and a set of instructions and posted it at the group. I shall be posting here as well, just as soon as I upload all the piccies. I hope instructions aren’t all that difficult. Guess I’ll just have wait for the comments from my fellow group members.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home