Tuesday, March 30, 2004

Have you ever had that feeling?


The guilt feeling? I know, I know, there are just so many different guilty feelings. Well here goes: One of my friends was going through some rough moments; everyday things as they appear to me, but since I am not the one living them I am not overly stressed about it, of course. Well, in the couple of years that we've talked to each other I know he has a quick temper. He gets stressed, he begins to cuss and get angry, and most of the time (as it happens to many of us) he lets it all out on whoever he is talking to - lately it has been me. *shrugs*

But things go by quickly. He gets serious, I get serious. He gets upset, I keep on being my unattached self (heck, he's my friend, I shouldn't get tremendously pissed at him, right?). He begins to cuss and threatening to leave our conversation, I tell him to go ahead and good night. One or two days later, things are back to normal; the happy happy people that we are. But then... he or I say something that we would generally consider a stupid, non-funny joke (but a joke nonetheless) and the skies turn dark and the machines overload and there we areā€¦ tense at each other once more.

It used to happen once in a blue moon... but now it is every single time we get on line and talk to one another. >_<

Why do I feel guilty even though he is the one to start the fault? (It is hardly ever my fault. I am just so great. Riiight.) I guess... it's just... that he is a friend. And perhaps I should be a little more lenient with friends, a little more sensitive even. That, plus I get the feeling that he may not be coming online to at least talk because he may still be upset at anything. Of course it could be that he simply has not had the time but...

It makes one wonder...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home