Sunday, March 21, 2004

Nice Weekend - Sunday


Didn't go out. Browsed the web, chatted, posted under some threads... Found my phone and noticed that i had several missed calls and about 4 voice messages - Ooops. Several of our friends were having a barbecue at their parents' and wanted us to go over to share some cabrito (goat). That was for Saturday... oops again. Since we spent the entire day out on Saturday, the husband told me to leave the purse inside the car, under the seat so no calls for me that day. I felt really bad... I hope our friends don't think we just didn't want to return their calls. I did give them a call as soon as I heard the messages... but still can't help but feel guilty.

We mostly finished 'cleaning' the house and then watched a couple of movie rentals, Body Count (so-so) and Hard Rain (pretty good! Kept me into it the whole hours). My parents stopped by and gave the hubby a set of drums. Woo-hoo neighbor complaints here they come! My dad taught me some basics to reading guitar music while my hubby set up the drums and played around with them a bit.

Overall it was a lazy Sunday, as it usually is. We made kitchuri (a combination of rice and lentils) which resulted in my burning of the left hand. Silly me, I should have known to pull out the oven rack before sticking my hand in to take out the pot. Now I have my wrist and the area where the thumb joins the hand all burnt and puffy.

*sigh* I miss my Mutt. My pretty, wonderful, young, little one. He is a teen friend from New Zealand whom I just love dearly. I don't plan on having children of my own, but if the hubby ever convinces me, I sure would hope they turned out to be like this little boy. We were so close for over a year... and then I started doing volunteer work at a local elementary and our times just wouldn't be coordinated anymore. I was not able to talk to him as much as I would and now that I have my new job with my mom, which allows me to be online for the entire day, he just... doesn't say hi anymore.

I have talked to him in occassions but it just isn't the same anymore. The talks just seem to be dry and then they hang to the point that he just leaves without even saying goodbye, something he just would never do before. There was never enough rushing going on in his or my end. There was always just enough time for him to say, 'I love you, Aunty.' I guess there is no more time now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home