Friday, July 30, 2004

Of planes and travels


Alright, so what was the whole plane ride post all about yesterday? My sister-in-law is sending our niece down here on vacation for 2 weeks. She is ten (or is it eleven?) and due to regulations she cannot travel alone, nor would we want her too… it’s dangerous out there with so many twisted people around… So anyway, we had been planning this for a couple of months and my husband gets to go to New York to come back with Bashma (pronounced Baah-sma) on Sunday. In the process he also sees his parents who are visiting the country and staying at his sister’s apartment. After the 2 weeks are done, my sister-in-law flies down here and then goes back with my niece. Nice arrangement.

I hope Bashma doesn’t get bored while down here. We have the beach at 30 minutes travel and also plenty of public pools and 2 water parks. Then there are the parks, Peter-Piper’s, Chuck-E-Cheeses, and the city’s recreation area. We don’t have much in the area of ‘cool’ museums, except for the historical places (well… historical for the area). Oh yes! We have the Zoo! You know, that cool place where all the animals are always asleep inside their cages? ~_~ Now, I don’t know how many places I will be able to take her. My husband will be working all day so we’ll probably do the whole-day-long activities (water park, beach, zoo, etc) on the weekends and I’ll take her around the smaller places on the weekdays.

I’ve been getting tons of kiddie anime (the one with nothing censorable or questionable) to keep her busy in the mornings or before bedtime. These 2 weeks should be good for me as some sort of training. Ehhhh. We’ll see what happens.

Well, for now, I think I should give a call to my in-laws. I still haven’t… I really should… really, really should…

I have an excuse on why I did not call yesterday when my husband arrived. ^_^ I did not wish to bother them because I knew they would have so many things to talk to him! Yeash, that’s it.

Truth is… I was upset. They called yesterday, probably looking for hubby to find out how the trip was going. I answered the phone (remember that I gave him mine because he forgot his at home) and they hung up on me. I said, maybe, since they were calling his cel phone and a girl answered (yes there is the probability they still do not recognize my voice) they thought that it was a wrong number. So I said, they’ll call again… but they didn’t. I had given my number to his sister (when she called his cel phone) so that she could be informed of his whereabouts and she surely gave it to her parents. So, if they dialed his number and then hung up thinking it was a wrong number, why did they not dial it again? Easy. Because they already knew that my husband was using my phone, so they probably dialed that number then.

They could have at least said ‘hi.’

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home