Friday, October 07, 2005

Jewelry, Sugar


The town’s local bead store had a sell for being 3 years in business. They had what seemed pretty good prices in pearls and I got lots of those and a couple of strands of semi-precious stones. I spent 80 bucks at the store <_> and I still need to order my silver clasps and some Swarovski. *gulp*

Well Hubby came home telling me that a co-worker was changing plants and that he needed my help to buy her a good-luck gift. I decided to make her a set with some of the new stones purchased.


Sugar


I am not entirely sure what the green and the blue are. There were so many ladies in there fighting for strands (they had them all piled up on tables, their tags with names no longer available) that I did a quick scan and just grabbed cute, happy colors.

So the 'ingredients' are: 'Potato' fresh water pearls (6-8mm), blue quartz (4mm), and what appears to be jade (13x10mm). The green in this picture looks too lemony, but it is actually a pastel shade and it has little swirls of whitish. Looks a lot like jade but it could also be Aventurine... if there is a green aventurine.

It’s a mommy set.

1 Comments:

At 12:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Olivine could be a possibility. Or, your luck, another shade of quartz, since it can come in every color under the sun.

Ni-ice though! I like color!! :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home