Monday, October 03, 2005

No Pain, No Gain


But I don’t think my pain is actually giving me any gain. Had a nice Saturday, did step aerobics and then Yoga while Husband took part in a racquetball tourny with work buddies. He did pretty well and won all his matches. Did some shopping and ate out the remainder of the day.

Sunday, though, Dad called us at like 7 am asking us to go with him to a new trail that has been built in a recreation center. I didn’t want to go ‘caue I awnted to sleep late but Husband wanted and well, we went and took the bikes. One part of the trail is not finished and we went around a mostly drit trail with tall grasses and the such, then we got tired and turned around and took the other way, that area is completely finished, the trail being little red gravel around the park and then changes into a nicely paved ‘sidewalk’ that goes around a man-made resaca. The resaca is a runs all along the back of nice homes, all gated, with a couple of bridges and an underpass. Quite nice and very comfortable to go along. We biked a total of 6 miles and there were other roads we could have taken but the sun was already getting too high so we didn’t want to get too dehydrated and turned around to go back to where Dad had parked the van.

Dad had taken the same trail but walking because he had his doggie Leche and our Tushi, as such he only went half way what we did. On the way back we went over one of the bridges and then the underpass, I had to take a sharp turn to the left to get towards the actual park and there was a lot of dirt on the road and a particular area had mud, I don’t know why they didn’t also paved the park trails, instead those are all gravel. Anyway, I was coming sort of fast (well, for my standards) and I pressed the breaks to slow down and make the turn. My back wheel touched mud and it slipped out of my control. I fell to the left side, did a turn and the bike went along with me.

I shouted, mostly so that Hubby would be aware and wouldn’t suddenly turn and run over me, since he was about to get out of the tunnel as well. He had already been slowing down and quickly went to check on me. I was crying because it just hurt so darn much!

My pant was glued to my left knee so I could imagine the scrape had been pretty ugly. Took me a bit to pull it off and no flesh was cut or bone showing. Whew. I’ve heard ugly stories. But the scrape is quite painful. I did a 360 with my knee as anchor and pinned on loose gravel. I also scraped my left elbow and forearm but not as badly because I tried to press it against me while I raised my head. My right leg is bruised from the bike’s pedal.

Right now the area has finally dried (yesterday the big scrape kept weeping and weeping) and it hurts if I bend or stretch the knee too much. The area is all purple and warm but not puffy. I guess now I wont’ be able to do any exercise for a while so that sucks. Definitely can’t bike or the scar will tear, won’t walk too much for the same reasons, no aerobics, and no Yoga unless it’s just the upper stretches and I avoid the knee-mat exercises. I guess I can do weights.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home