Saturday, September 10, 2005

Where is the Ball?


Owwwww.

Being a Saturday, we decided to try a different area of the gym. We called my Dad and told him we wanted to try out the racquet ball courts. Dad was all excited about it and we met at 11, got a court and started playing. Well, they started playing while I watched from the outside (glass wall, pretty neato) as I used one of the stationary bikes.

Then they told me to try the court by myself a little. It was sort of weird. Little ball bouncing off walls at high speeds. After a while I 'sort of' got the hang of it and they joined me to actually play some matches.

...

I tripped on my own feet and fell down, got a nice bruise on my knee and even a little blood. I served and the ball bounced back to hit me on the chest, man, I didn't even have time to duck! And to top it off Husband hit me on the back with the ball after he slammed it very hard and the ball just went by speedily all over the place. Darn that thing is fast. My Dad was just laughing his head off. Ha. Ha. We'd see how he liked it if he was the one getting hit.

Hubby wants to go again tomorrow. I think he just enjoyed seeing me get injured. ~_~ >:p

hehe. Nah but it was a fun thing to play. Better than tennis! This is indoors, air conditioner and no scorching sun!

5 Comments:

At 4:43 AM, Blogger Darv said...

Sounds like a fun game. I never played racket ball though, Too physical for me though. I perfer Arkanoid and a mouse.

 
At 1:01 AM, Blogger Z said...

Is racket ball what we call squash in England?

Anyway, I have played it once with my husband and let me tell you he didn't go easy on me (he is way to competitive). I was battered and bruised, and I vowed never to play again.

 
At 7:46 AM, Blogger Darv said...

I have herd it called squash (by a few) here... or even squish(by wierdoes). I'll still stick with Arkanoid though.

You know that the second Arkanoid was subtitled "Revenge of Doh"? I think that is because every time you lost your ball you went "DOH!"

 
At 12:03 PM, Blogger Kitty said...

TS: Yeah I think it's squash. Tha'ts how my Dad was calling it at first. Then probably heard the other players calling it racket ball. Looks like a mini tennis/big table tennis to me.

Karnov: I've never played Arkanoid. :p But it sounds waaaay safer then this one! :D

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger Darv said...

You might get an RSI

 

Post a Comment

<< Home