Friday, September 02, 2005

Rains and Others


We finally saw some rain yesterday. We are having a serious drought down here and any rain we can get is awesome. Emily didn’t bring in enough and Katrina’s rains missed us totally. Bad for everyone I suppose. We could have used a bit more water and Louisiana, Alabama, and Mississippi could have used a lot less too.

Poor people. They really got hit bad. We’re still not sure how we’re gonna donate. The Red Cross is only taking money donations and the Salvation Army is taking as well. I wanted to send food, so we’ll be checking the Salvation Army.

This week has been sort of slow and calm for me, so much that when I was chatting with Lore yesterday I hadn’t realized that today would be Friday. Opps. :p. Well, I am all recuperated from my allergy last week. Had my last detox from the medicine on Sunday. I was still feeling all buzzed that day, but by night I was more awake.

Husband and I enrolled in one of the local gyms. I’ve been trying out a bit of everything and found Spinning (simulated mounting biking) to be the nicest for me. I get cardio and I don’t hurt my aching joints. My seat hurts as heck, though. You know... those two little spots on your butt where the hip join the legs or something. Gonna start using a foam seat and hopefully in a fw weeks I will get used to it. There’s also a salsa class. ^_~ Not bad. I dance salsa but as my feet desire. Now I actually know basic steps.

Going to the gym hasn’t really hurt me much... but the gas that it takes to get there is.

*tsk tsk*

4 Comments:

At 10:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

heh, isn't it great when friends remind you what day it is? ^_^ I'm glad to be there when I can :P

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger Kitty said...

:p

 
At 8:17 AM, Blogger Darv said...

My wife and I would like to join a local gym since we do not have room to put a treadmill right now, but with us neeeding to save money to buy a house we will prob not join one anytime soon.

With the weather hot as hell, we haven't even walked outside either for the last few months. That and all the wedding planning we did earlier in the year left no time for anything else.

I think we might get some walks outside here before it gets too cold though. That is until we have to make time to plan something else big to do. Like find a house and pack back up again.

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger Kitty said...

Yeah, takes a while. I need to be dragged to the gym actually. Right now my Mother is at my sister's again and oh man takes me sooooo much to drive to the gym. I am gonna keep going later and later. :9

 

Post a Comment

<< Home