Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Lazy Day


Today has been a very lazy day. I guess it’s alright. I deserve it, sort of.

Sunday my parents called us because they needed us to go purchase some concrete for them. Dad has started a brick grill project that he had told me about a couple of weeks ago. I got him several books and my Mom decided on a design. So Sunday they began. We went over to their house and they had already begun with the mixing. They wanted me to go and buy some more bags of Quickrete (already mixed with the gravel, sand, and cement. Just add water!) but I don’t like to drive their van. It is a business van that has no windows and I feel iffy driving it. So instead I stayed with Mom while Dad and Hubby went to Home Depot to get the 2nd load of the bags.

No wonder people who build houses get paid 40 bucks an hour…

IT’S TOUGH WORK!

We mixed about 20 bags of 40lbs each with only a shovel. The fun part was pouring the mixture little-by-little and leveling it and making it pretty with trowel.

On Monday I did yard work. Bought a weed cutter and did all the edges around the front yard then mowed the grass and finally swept the grass from the sidewalk and drive way. Gaaaahhhh it killed my back. The back yard got mowed too but I didn’t do the edges. I was too tired.

Tuesday I went with Hubby to get some work done on his vehicle. We decided to wait at the dealer’s otherwise they would probably keep the SUV for like 2 days. So we stayed there and did some walking to get breakfast and such. Not bad… except I was wearing a little heel. ~_~ Anyway. He dropped me off at Mom’s and then Mom took me and Grandma to the bowling place. It was fun. We practiced enough. Some shopping for Abue followed. Hubby picked me up and then told me he too wanted to go bowling so after eating we got a call from Dad and we all met a the bowling place again.

Today I woke up late. Pffft. Did very basic cleaning around the house and have been watching TV. ^_^ I am not as sore as I thought I would be. I guess the bowling stretched my arm muscles a bit. My back does hurt though but not too bad.

4 Comments:

At 10:23 AM, Blogger Darv said...

Lazy days are good.

 
At 3:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have lazy days... I just wish they were at home.

:D

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger Darv said...

Good answer. =p

 
At 12:18 AM, Blogger Kitty said...

hehehe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home