Monday, July 18, 2005

Preparing for Emily 3


Husband went to work a little earlier than usual. He wanted to stop by Home Depot to see if he could find some more of those clips that our neighbor gave us. They are neat! That way we wouldn’t have to use the 2x4s. He called in and he was told that a shipment came at night and that the bag of 20 sells for 29.97.

I did house cleaning and then my Mom came over because I had an appt with one of my docs and she wanted to go with me. She also brought along my Abuelita (grandma) who came to visit from Mexico. Heheh. Perfect timing right? She’ll get the beautiful showers of the season.

She arrived from Mexico City yesterday, Sunday. Abuelita is my Mom’s mom. While my Grandma is my Dad’s mom and she lives in the same city as ours. By the way, I kept calling my grandma asking her if she needed anything but she said no. I did buy her water and Flashlights on Friday and she had mentioned she wanted other things but said she wanted to go herself. Okay then.

Got out of the doctor’s at 3 something…. Gaaaahhhh. So long. I got there at 1 O’clock and waited forever. Bunch of pregnant ladies and although I had an appt for 1:35, many of the ladies that got there after I did went in first. Plus Dr. Mancillas had to leave at around 1:30 to the hospital (probably checking up on a patient). Anyway. All is fine except that my body’s weird and so I need to get on some pills. Bleh.

We went to Mom’s right after the doc so that I could help them put up their boards. My Dad seemed a little stressed because my Grandma called him telling him she needed help moving furniture and she needed milk and wanted to go to WalMart and to the doctor to get a new prescriptions, yadda yadda. Grandma ALWAYS waits to the last minute to get all her stuff ready. I told her since Friday if she needed anything. Called her again on Saturday and yet once more Sunday but she told me she didn’t need anything. Ayayay.

So I stayed with Mom and Abue putting up the boards while Dad went to help Grandma. Hubby got there to pick me up at close to six because he said the office was busy. They are the warehouse of a Mexican Maquiladora (Manufacturing plant). They make anywhere from boxes to car air bags to assembly of small planes and the warehouse houses clients’ materials to be crossed to Mexico for the use at the Maquila. Husband is the only system analyst and basically is in charge of all technology at the warehouse. The warehouse worked for clients until noon and then they were securing materials and all that stuff. Tomorrow Husband is taking all machinery off power and putting away the servers in case of flooding.

When we got home we put up the last boards with the clips Husband purchased. It took us only 15 minutes to put them all up. ^_^

Emily seems to be coming back up towards our area. We checked locations of shelters and such but.. Wow… there were none for Brownsville. Every neighboring city has their shelters except us. Heh.

2 Comments:

At 2:15 PM, Blogger Darv said...

Be safe now. I don't wanna loose a blog to read, thats for sure. ^_^

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger Kitty said...

:D hehe. I'm tough to get rid of. ^_^

 

Post a Comment

<< Home