Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Sun, Fried Rice, and Cheese


... A bad combination.

Finished my Mom’s Gazebon on Sunday afternoon. It came out pretty nice and now it just needs to be painted. I shall post images soon, hopefully.

We went to eat something outside and everyone wanted Mexican, so we headed over to Taco Palenque (all fajita meals). I just had a bit of quesadilla and Mexican rice and beans that came with my family’s orders. After husband and I went home I did a couple of loads of laundry and then had some watermelon because I was feeling hungry.

I woke up at around 4 am feeling very ill from my stomach and nauseous. I ended up purging as much as possible. When Hubby awoke, I couldn’t get up myself. My entire body hurt and I had a terrible headache. I woke up again at around 9:30am and I was feeling very nauseous and I hurried to rid myself of whatever was in my stomach, which ended up being nothing but that clear, sour liquid - saliva and gastric juice? Bleh. I thought maybe I needed some food but just thinking about it made me even more nauseous. So I had some jicama.

I slept all day, just waking up to throw up nothing but more sour juices and then to try to eat something. I noticed I could stomach pineapple a lot more, but still it made me a bit nauseous, so I’d just go back to bed. I turned off all the fans and lowered the AC because I was having an awful lot of chills and my body felt so tired and aching. I had some muscle pains from the weekend work, but this was more of a fever type of pain. I had a headache the entire day and my eyes were burning.

When Husband came home I had another slice of pineapple and a few minutes later I began to shake again. My hands were clammy and I broke in a sweat. He made a call to his doctor and then to my Mother and I ran to the bathroom. I induced some vomiting, I really, really did and this time everything came out. Little chunks of pineapple and rice, or at least it looked like rice. So that must have been it.

My parents arrived a few minutes later and they brought me some Coke and an apple pie. I was able to stomach some of that but I was still feeling very weak and if I smelled anything else I felt bad. Mom told me to go to bed. She rubbed me down with an egg (in its shell) and cracked it open in a clear glass with water. Some of the white was cooked from my fever and there were a few bubbles here and there but that was all. She placed the glass by my side on the floor so that it would take in any extra heat during the night and they went back home.

I was beginning to feel better within 30 minutes and I woke up without any pain today. I am hungry but I haven’t eaten anything but a slice of fruit every 2 hours or so. Bananas have been good since they do take care of the hunger and give me strength. Oh I checked the egg in the morning... It was half-cooked. So yeah, it did take the remainder of my fever and stress during the night.

5 Comments:

At 9:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It does sound like a bad case of dehydration... hate to say it, but I wouldn't of drank the soda. Water, in small amounts, would of helped probably.

At least, it wouldn't give you that bad aftertaste after coming back up :D

Glad you feel better... I'm going to have to try that egg trick the next time I'm high fevered.

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger Kitty said...

I was drinking tons of water, though. But the soda just made me feel well. Sprite woulda have been better, but it's alright. I didn't drink the soda until after my last purging whem Mom arrived since I had no soda at home.

The egg rub-down must be done on all the body and then concentrate where the problem is. For me it was my tummy and my head, but I also got it rubbed everywhere else. It is not a scientific method. It is more of a 'if I believe it works then it works' type of thing and I did feel better soon after so it worked for me! I've had this done since a little girl so it's branded into my system that it works. ^_^

 
At 8:30 AM, Blogger Darv said...

Gatorade helps some too.

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger Kitty said...

Gatorade... oh yeaaaah. I'd forgotten about that. Gives you some needed minerals too.

 
At 12:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Powerade tastes better :D

Actually, come to think of it, sprite or 7-up is what my mom gave us when we were vomitting.

Although, I have to say... that is still totally weird to suddenly come down with a fever... or maybe not. There've been times when I'm suddenly miserable but I missed all the signs. *shrugs*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home