Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Weekend


I had a nice 3-day weekend with Husband. Saturday we got invited to L Family’s house for a nice cookout dinner. All the kids were there - the kids, by the way are all graduates who work and help their parents, a very nice family - and they made some very nice-smelling chicken, fajitas, ribs, and other BBQ goodies. I stuffed myself with homemade Spanish rice, potato salad and beans. Hubby got down and dirty with the meat goods. Mmm-mmm. The boys generally do all the grill cooking, while the girls (two sisters and close friends of mine) do the side dishes. When we go there it’s one big family and we all share in the preparations. It is a very nice environment and I really like my friends’ parents; they make one feel very comfortable. :p it is also fun to see how the little ones are growing and now they bring their sweeties… and we get to poke fun of them afterwards because they are soooo whipped. :p

Sunday we returned the favor inviting the Ls to our house to have dinner and then go to the golf shooting range. We ladies had pretty good fun missing the golf balls while the boys showed off their strong arms. We didn’t stay out until very late, just till around 10:30pm or so because they live outside city limits of the neighboring city.

On Monday we invited other friends over to the house, one of Hubby’s co-workers, his wife and their little baby. We had home-made Chinese and talked for a good while, regarding a trip that they had just arrived from - we took care of their doggie for a couple of days while they were gone. They left early because the baby had to take her nap. The rest of the day I did some laundry and then watched TV.

Oh yes! Husband surprised me by getting me a TV for the bedroom, a Dell 19-inch LCD. It is a perfect size for the bedroom and since it is flat it looks nice against the wall. Check it at the Dell web site. The price at the web site varies from month-to-month depending on specials, but Hubby will be doing monthly payments which will be around 18 bucks. Quite nice. The TV arrived Thursday so we’ve pretty much tried it for a good number of days now. It’s no plasma, but with High Def programming from our satellite the picture quality is pretty good.

3 Comments:

At 4:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My computer screen is an LCD flat screen :D Then again, I'm on a lap top at the moment too...

Of course, my desk top computer has one, but it's not mine. Joe donated it to me since he wasn't going to be needing it for a very very very very very very very long time :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

And Dell is great. On some of their things ^_^

 
At 7:04 AM, Blogger Darv said...

I told work i wanted 2 LCD screens for my computer. Then i could see my whole spreadsheet at one time. Yeah, thats gonna happen =p

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger Kitty said...

hehehehe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home