Friday, May 06, 2005

Charming


I just realized an advantage of Golf over other ‘exercise’ routines - I can be pretty while golfing!

We went out with my Parents and Grandma last night to Tony Roma’s - Famous for Ribs. I didn’t eat anything but some battered onions and a potato soup because everything else is all meaty stuff, but it was alright. I had a nice dinner regardless and even though I got filled up on those two items, I didn’t feel ‘full to the brim.’ Nice.

Hubby said that he wanted to go ‘shoot’ and then made a little arm motion as if holding a club, “You know to bring down the food before going to bed” and then asked Dad if he wanted to come along as well. Mom and Grandma were like ‘ugggghhh’ but this time I actually agreed.

The practice place closes till 11:00 pm and I was feeling a bit guilty from all the onion rings. So we told them that we’d be there if they wanted to stop by. After Hubby had rented a bucket of balls and I was setting up the tees, my Parents and Grandma arrived - I guess Dad convinced them. So we began to practice. After some time of seeing my Dad miss the balls or shooting oddly, my Mom jumps in and said she wanted to try... Mom being an athlete can only stay sitting down for brief moments. The little competition worm was biting at her to give it a try and see if she could do better. She did. Hehehe. But Dad got better once he got the hang of how the whole flow goes. Being stronger he actually was doing nice distances. My Hubby is a lot more accurate now as well and his hitting mean is 150 yards. I am still as before, but I just hit nicer and have a better form. Grandma watched and made fun of us when we'd miss. :p

So I am beginning to like this more. You get to be standing or walking, stretch your body quite well and actually work out a soreness for the next day! Right now I feel all those muscles worked, from my triceps to the ones on my back, shoulders, neck, my sides and my thighs too! Plus I was wearing my heels and my make-up and my pretty clothes and I felt girly and not embarrased of having someone that knows us suddenly find us and see me all ‘bleh’ as it happens when I do any other type of exercise.

Yeah, it won’t be the same thing as a cardio session, of course... but when the only exercise I have done for the past 3 years has been from my car to the supermarket, then this is calorie-burning heaven for me. I have piled up too many pounds over my skinny legs that aerobics simply isn’t for me. Even brisk walking is very painful after a mile. But this is nice. I’ll skip the heels next time, definitely, but it’s good to know that heels are a possibility (I like to wear those thick heeled boots, for more balance and better support to my short frame) in case of emergencies. :p

hehehe. I likey me high heels. ^_^

Oh yeah! And... I play better lefty. O_o Go figure!

3 Comments:

At 11:38 AM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

You've found out why so many men love to play golf...they don't have to break a sweat!
I'm all for keeping my makeup intact.

 
At 7:42 AM, Blogger Kitty said...

hehehe

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger Darv said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home