Monday, May 02, 2005

Golf


I’m sore!!!

This past Saturday Husband and I got together at a golf area with several of his co-workers and we learned some basics of golfing... mainly how to grab the club. :p

Husband did pretty good, he was shooting 150-200 yards... I got lucky if I even made it to 25 feet. Hehe. Well all was nice and then at around 3 am he gets up and tells me... “Let’s go buy some golf equipment.”

Ayayay.

We went to Wal-Mart and while we were at it bought some groceries. We couldn’t find any clubs in our Wal-Mart so we had customer service phone to the other stores and the only one that had them was the one in Harlingen, but that one was too far to go at that time... plus I was sleepy.

Sunday after breakfast we drove to Harlingen and bought a number 9 and a 10 plus some tees. I’ve no idea what the numbers are for, but I noticed that the bigger the number, the wider the head of the club. Apparently that is so that your ball will fly farther, or something. So fine, clubs in hand, Husband took me to the practice place again and rented some balls.

You’d think that golf is not really an exercise... well, tell that to your arms and shoulders! You do some nice twisting work. ^_^

5 Comments:

At 11:23 AM, Blogger Darv said...

"Well all was nice and then at around 3 am he gets up and tells me... “Let’s go buy some golf equipment.”"

Oh yeah... lets buy golf stuff at 3am. Much better then sleeping ^_^

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger Kitty said...

Heh. That's my Husband for ya... comes up with the weirdest things at the weirdest of times. ~_~

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Funny! The last time I golfed, I was very pregnant, and I must have looked ridulous trying to swing those clubs. The funny thing is, I didn't do too badly, and I nearly beat my husband.

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger Darv said...

I'd be like... "Uhhuh... Go to sleep" =p

 
At 6:37 AM, Blogger Kitty said...

Karnov: awwww come on? Not up to spontaneous crazy stuff at uncomfortable hours?

My grandma always tells me, "When your husband gets a crazy idea and wants to do something and tag you along with him, Say Yes. Or next time he may ask someone else."

Jamie: You know, reason why you were probably playing better may be that you were being more careful. My husband finished two bags of tees in the process of making his 200-yard hits, while I only used ONE! I hit my little ball and the tee would remain in the ground. Husband on the other hand, with all that show of strength and such, would send the ball And the tee flying all the time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home