Thursday, April 21, 2005

Workshop Day 1


Bleh bleh…

I was sooooo bored in the morning. I spent it in my room and although I wanted to take a nap I couldn’t. I kept hearing knocking that I thought was to my room but it wasn’t. So meh, I took my book and went outside to read at the lobby. Husband came every 2 hours to check up how I was doing. He was having lots of fun. Said that while the first day of the workshop was supposed to be the fundamentals of networking, that it wasn’t all textbook.

The instructor covered many many things that one just doesn’t learn in school, but from experience. He has been a security advisor for the Pentagon, Cisco, several banks and hotels and he went to Berkley at the age of 12... Sooooooo I guess he is a genius. :D Plus he seems like a very nice person.

So the 8 hours of workshop he told them many secrets of the trade and Zulfiker did end up learning a few things to handle his network at work a lot better.

After the workshop we went to the mall and I did some light shopping. So it’s all good. We came back to do some light exercise and then play tennis to open up an appetite.

We ended up going for dinner at around 8:30pm and went to a place called Sahadi.

OH MY GOODNESS I HAVE A NEW FAVORITE RESTAURANT!

Sahadi is a wine and Asian spices store and they also have a small lounge next to the actual store. We go to this place often when we are buying for particular spices, as their selection is BIG. I had seen the restaurant menu before, but the thought of a 10 dollar tuna sandwich always put me off.

But tonight we figured we’d give it a try since Husband wanted some Asian that wasn’t Chinese.

We walk in and the place is very small, dimmed lights, bar at the end, wine racks all over the place, I think it was karaoke night because there was a guy singing at the front. Very nice environment with about 10 small tables; 2 waitresses wearing suits and the bar guy.

I wanted to taste something called Falafafas (I think… I am not all that sure about the name, I think is Arabian), which was hummus with some vegetable patties. YUM I now want the recipe! Hubby ordered tundoori chicken and I had a vegetarian pasta. We finished off with a 3-leches cake (cake soaked in 3 types of milk, very yummy).

I truly enjoyed the food. The taste was excellent, presentation was nice, and servings were just right. Prices for this area are in the higher range (few things are less than 15 bucks, like the appetizers only) but it’s worth it.

Now we’re going to come to McAllen at least once every month just so that we can have a nice dinner at Sahadi.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home