Sunday, April 24, 2005

Busy Weekend


Before we brought home the furniture, which included a sofa, love seat, sofa chair, a table and its four chairs, we got a call from Magda. She was having problems with the router that Hubby set up Friday evening. So he’s there trying to troubleshoot with her over the phone while I vacuum and mop the now empty living and dining areas - I wanted to have the place clean and ready to receive the new items.

Husband was perplexed. He had left everything working a-okay the previous night. They had shut down and restarted plenty of times and he had even tried remote-desktop connectivity with our laptop. All had been fine. Well, when he wasn’t able to help her solve the issue over the phone (we thought maybe she had changed something when she went back on her own to change passwords and such) we told her we’d go see her again after we finished bringing in our new stuff.

So at around 7 pm we dropped off the last piece of furniture (the table and chairs) and then headed over to her house, which is about 35 minutes away from us going in the expressway. Once there Husband got to work while we started chatting away. Hehehe.

All was working properly with the connections except for one minor detail. The modem’s IP had changed (see, she could do everything except browse the net), so my Husband asked if perhaps she had done some turning on and off of her equipment. Yeah, apparently that had been it. So problem solved. He reassigned the new IP and all that jazz and began to tell her step-by-step what had been going on.

Coolios. I then went to the kitchen to prepare some food and we ate while we watched Alien Vs. Predator. I like that movie! It was cute. ^_^ No spoilers here, in case you haven’t seen it.

We left Magda’s house at around midnight! So no more time to fix our furniture. But today we did!

We moved sooooo much stuff around. Right my office and the bedroom look like crap. But the living, dining, and entertainment room look alright. I still need to make those curtains and hang stuff up on the walls, but at least the rooms look organized. Hm... now to continue with the laundry. ~_~

2 Comments:

At 5:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You thought that AVP was cute???????????????

Okay, so what happens between the chick and predator might have been cute... but...

WHAT?? This so totally baffles my mind lol.

 
At 7:26 PM, Blogger Kitty said...

I was cheering like crazy for Predator dude. I've never really liked Alien... bunch of primitive, horny beasts that just want to reproduce. They remind me of cockroaches. Predator are advanced... warrior-like but that's alright. I am sure if we went to another planet and found somewhat harmless species we'd be dissecting them too... oh wait! we do that already with all the things we find here in EArth too! :p

Overall, the movie symbols were pretty much 'Hollywood Invention' (plus who ever heard of an Aztec woman having blue eyes? And no they sacrificial ones weren't Egyptian 'cause it was the wrong dresses, and definitely not Cambodian. hehehe). But I found the movie fast paced and not boring.

I thought I was going to see something like Freddy Vs. Jason, and I was happy I had been wrong. ^_^ and I think the girl and the predator shoulda hooked up!

You know, and adrenaline based relationship. ^_~ yeaaaahh baby.

:p

 

Post a Comment

<< Home