Sunday, May 08, 2005

Ouch My Eyes


Saturday was pretty much a lazy day. We were quite tired and sleepy - we attribute it to the very cloudy weather. We let Tushi inside the house for her daily play with Chico and we just stared at them, laughing at their sparring. Pets are such great companions.

At around 2 we finally left and went to eat some Mexican and then headed over to my Mom’s house to feed Leche - Parents decided to go to my Sister’s for the weekend and will celebrate both Mother’s Day days with her (while in the US Mother’s Day is today, in Mexico it is on the 10th). Then watched TV at her house (‘cause she’s got cool cable channels!), went grocery shopping and then accompanied Husband to the golf range. I didn’t play because I am letting a little soreness under my little finger get harder. I want to get a callous from the golf club, but not painful blisters. I read while he played and called Grandma to see if she wanted to go have some breakfast with us today to celebrate the special day. She wasn’t sure ‘cause she was busy. So we may just pass by and give her some flowers instead.

My eyes have been hurting since Friday night. I rubbed much too harshly at my eyes when I was taking off my mascara and I tore my right lid at different spots. Nothing super horrendous, it is as if I had scratched a mosquito bite and peeled off the top layer of skin, but since it is at the eye it feels quite uncomfortable. Soooo before going to bed I put some ointment on them so keep them from itching and went to bed. Yesterday, Saturday, I did the same thing before putting on my make up (no mascara, just powder this time) and went about my day as I described above. Well, all day my eyes were watery and itchy but I figured it was because of last night.

Before going to bed I cleaned my face, put on my creams and then added more ointment on my lids and went to bed - this is pure vitamin E that I use to get rid of my wrinkles, works wonders. I woke up a couple of hours later and my eyes were itching madly. So I hurried to the bathroom and checked them. I noticed a lot of that boogery stuff that sometimes forms at the lacrimal, but this was all over my lashes and some had gotten inside my eyes. As I understand, these ‘eye boogers’ are protein residuals that are expelled from the eyes during their natural daily cleaning and if for some reason the pores (specially where the lashes grow) are blocked that the residuals won’t be taken out properly forming painful clogs under the upper or bottom lids (or sometimes fatty deposits that harden with time, etc, etc). My eye doctor explained this to me because I have one of those fatty deposits or ocular cyst under my left eye. It feels like a little hard bead, but does not hurt at all, to me it just looks ugly - the bulky little thing. Supposedly with warm water compressions it should melt away, but I’ve been doing that for 3 years now and nothing. The only other way is to remove it surgically but... erm... nah. I also have to rub some of that solution to clean contact lenses over my lids and lashes (to also remove exces protein deposits that may be clogging my pores there).

Anyway, so I am watching all these boogers over my eyes and I begin to rinse with slightly warm water. I mean, my eyes were puffy... puffy as in my top lids basically folded over my eyelashes... and I have long, straight eyelashes! I scoop water into my hands and then press them to my eyes, opening them up to let the water flush them as well. I did this for like five minutes. I don’t know why I did not realize what I was doing earlier! I mean, I know this stuff! I know that every night I wash to help my eyes to Get Rid of excess protein but here I go and I actually DAB ON more raw protein-ish stuff directly on my lids and the tiny holes where my lashes grow. I totally clogged them up. DU’H!!!

I went back to bed and kept a moist towel over my eyes. Right now my lids are back to normal, I can see my lashes again but eyes still feel irritated so I am making some chamomille tea to put on my eyes. Chamomille is what my mom would put on me when I had eye infections and that always worked nicely. So I’ll keep the eye make up off for a couple of days.

Hm... Well at least I got one good thing out of this. ^_^ Puffy eyes make eye-wrinkles disappear TOTALLY!

HAHAHA!

4 Comments:

At 9:10 AM, Blogger Z said...

Ouch, sounds painful. I hope they recover soon.

Bonus regarding the wrinkles though:)

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger Kitty said...

Hehehe, hey one's gotta see the good out of everything, right?

^_^

 
At 6:11 AM, Blogger Darv said...

Hmmmm... I'm not the only one who calls them "Eye boogers". My fiance dosn't like that term. I do. It accurately describes it.

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger Kitty said...

Tell anyone about the 'eye boogers' and they will definitely know what you're talking about.

Gunk, crust, sleepies, goop, eye boogers! :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home