Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Lead on Lipsticks



got this in my e-mail from a friend... heh. And my Sis and I had just discussed changing to Clinique... guess not anymore!

--------------------------

Even lipstick isn't safe anymore...what's next?

Brands don't mean everything. Recently a brand called "Red Earth" decreased their prices from $67 to $9.90. It contained lead. Lead is a chemical which causes cancer.

The Brands which contain lead are:

1. CHRISTIAN DIOR
2. LANCOME
3. CLINIQUE
4. Y.S.L
5. ESTEE LAUDER
6. SHISEIDO
7. RED EARTH (Lip Gloss)
8. CHANEL (Lip Conditioner)
9. MARKET AMERICA-MOTNES LIPSTICK.

The higher the lead content, the greater the chance of causing cancer. After doing a test on lipsticks, it was found that the Y.S.L. lipstick contained the most amount of lead. Watch out for those lipsticks which are supposed to stay longer. If your lipstick stays longer, it is because of the higher content of lead.

Here is a test you can do yourself:

1. Put some lipstick on your hand.
2. Use a Gold ring to scratch on the lipstick.
3. If the lipstick color changes to black, then you know the lipstick contains lead.

Please send this information to all your girlfriends, wives and female family members.

This information is being circulated at Walter Reed Army Medical Center. Dioxin Carcinogens causes cancer. Especially breast cancer.

8 Comments:

At 1:24 PM, Blogger Z said...

Oh my god, that it terrible. I have some Clinique stuff, so I will check it out. I will definately tell others, thanks.

I'm glad your eyes are all better. Oh, and that video of the guy dancing is hillarious. Thanks for making me laugh :)

 
At 2:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did a quick google search on this info and found that it's an internet hoax/urban legend. snopes info

 
At 3:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's what I was thinking, that it was a hoax. I mean... if make-up was so full of lead, why hasn't the media and news exploited it?

 
At 5:46 PM, Blogger Kitty said...

Beacuse it's all a Government complot!!!

die animal testers die!!!

:p

hehe. sorry.

Whew. Thanks for investigating Marianne! I got the e-mail from my friend and I though, yikes! I better send than be sorry later. I use lipstick quite a bit, Lancome and Merle Norman being among my favorites, so seeing Lancome in there did get me a little worried.

I'm so gullible sometimes. :D

 
At 12:34 AM, Blogger Darv said...

Hell, I still have some pewter figures that are made with lead. Pewter dosn't contain lead anymore for consumer products, just more tin. Me nevar got harm be bwain dwamage!

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger Kitty said...

Actually there Have been recalls for some pewter charms that held a significant amount of lead in them. I've seen it at my local Michael's for the past month or so.

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger Darv said...

Guess it probably depends on the company that made them then.

 
At 12:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

FDA has a list - google it

 

Post a Comment

<< Home