Thursday, May 12, 2005

Tablecloth


Eyes are all better now. Yeash!

Parents came back home Sunday evening and my Sis came back with them. Took a quick 2-week vacation and is now here until next week. We celebrated Mother’s Day on Tuesday the 10th and other than that it has been a pretty slow week.

I did go to downtown and bought some nice, thick fabric to make a tablecloth. My Grandmother has been lending me her over machine to get this project finished. I had never used one of those before... wow. Overs are such time savers! With my regular sewing machine I would have to fold the edges twice to prevent the edges of the material from fraying, but with the over it is a one-pass deal! It cuts and stitches. Very, very nice.

Now I need to work on beautifying the edges with some and finalize the tablecloth with some pretty fringe trim. Something in gold in the following style: http://www.mjtrim.com/catalog/family.aspx?family=07%3a07

I need around 250 inches... and at $11.98 a yard (36 inches), I think I’m gonna be broke after this.

6 Comments:

At 10:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*so totally jealous* I wanna fancy machine that does the cutting tooooooooo!!!!!!!!

>_< Remember that patchwork quilt I talked to you about a while ago? I cut all the individual little squares by hand...

I'm buying a rotary cutter when I start my next project.

:D

Pretty fringes by the way!

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

I'm jealous because I can hardly sew on a button.
I wouldn't know the first thing to do with a regular sewing machine, let alone this over thingie.
Go for it!

 
At 7:09 AM, Blogger Darv said...

I can sew a button on my cloths. I stil need to sew them onto my 1 polo shirt when i have the chance one day. Till then...

 
At 9:43 PM, Blogger Kitty said...

Ohh no no. 'I' dont' have one. My Grandma does, and she's letting me use it! ^_^ Heheh. All I have to do in exchange is change threads, switch needles and all that tricky, eye-squinting stuff she can't do anymore. :D

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger Darv said...

A jewelers loop does wonders for poor eyesight. ^_^

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger Kitty said...

sometimes that is not enough... you still need to pass the thin loop through the needle's eye. :p And with shakey hands the task doubles in complexity.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home