Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Preparing for Emily 4


Didn’t do all that much today. Basic stuff in the morning and then went over to Wal-Mart ‘cause I ran out of fruit. I cleaned the fruit and veggies, peeled and packed them - all stuff that doesn’t require cooking in case of electricity going out. I made sandwiches and egg soup with rice and then checked the yard to make sure I hadn’t missed anything that could be sent out as projectiles in case the winds got strong enough.

Last night we put all yard furniture inside the house and I tried to weight down Tushi’s house a little more. The house is pretty heavy and sturdy, I guess it is around 40 lbs or something, but I still filled it with all the smaller wood pieces (from my yard projects) and bricks to weight it down more to the ground.

It began to rain at 2pm; it was hard and heavy but only lasted for about 3 minutes. Husband came home at 4:30 and brought 4 pizzas! Pizza is good cold or hot so he figured it was good to have around in case I couldn’t cook. :p

Luckily we live in a very nice area. The lot is on a non-flooding area and since the house is new it should handle stuff alright. Oh the town finally opened up shelters, 3 of the high schools, and this is good because we have a lot of trailer and RV communities.

For most places, business will be as usual, for example, Husband has to work tomorrow and so does my Dad. ~_~

Hmmm I'll go do some laundry now. :p

4 Comments:

At 9:45 AM, Blogger Z said...

I can't imagine having to prepare for such things, I find the thought scary. I really admire people who go through things like this. I hope it doesn't hit too hard. xxx

 
At 11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not only did you have to worry about Emily... you had tornadoes too...

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/afp/20050721/wl_afp/mexicocaribbeanweather_050721130702

Hope power wasn't out too long for you guys ^_^

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger Z said...

I hope you are doing O.K. xxx

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger Kitty said...

TS: there is a certain edge of excitement to the whole ordeal. You prepare for semthing powerful and wait, wait, wait... and even when it's there you really don't know what will happen. It's nerve-wrecking and inviting at the same time. I guess you could compare it to child birth. You know it's coming, but you never know how much it will hurt. :p

Lore: Yeap, luckily tornadoes didn't form in our area, but the neighboring cities did experience a few minor ones. Also, our electrical company got to work as soon as it was safe for their employees to go out and begin fixing whatever fell down with the winds. All went alright.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home