Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Itches!


Gah! I can’t sleep. I have this horrible itching all over my body that I feel it’s going to make me mad and I shall scratch until my skin bleeds.

It started this afternoon at around five-ish. I kept scratching my neck and then my head and then I started feeling it around my thighs and then my tummy and it just kept going. I was busy fixing the drawers and closets so I didn’t bother to even go check if I had anything. It wasn’t until I told my husband to check my head because it was just itching so bad. I thought maybe my scalp was dry or something, he checked but nothing. Said it was fine. I finally raised my shirt and I noticed red blotches around my waist and tummy. The first thing that came to my mind was fleas so I checked the babies but they are clear. Besides, flea bites are tiny and these marks are big.

Husband said maybe it had been the sun because we went to a natural wildlife refuge on Sunday. We went through a lot of tall grass and trees trying to catch glimpses of some of the critters and animals and it was super hot that day. So then maybe I got bitten by something... or I unknowingly rubbed against some poisonous plant. Couldn’t have been the food (after the refuge we went to the beach to eat at a shrimp place, but being veggie I only had a plate of fruit).

I’ve had sun rashes before and they are not like this. Food rash nuh-uh. It just doesn’t look like these either. These look like mosquito bites since they are big and puffy but I don’t remember feeling the stinging. Mosquito bites are very noticeable but I doubt there was a big mosquito infestation in the park... The rivers were dry so there is no way... besides husband would have gotten it too and he is perfectly fine.

All of Sunday I was fine. After we got home we showered and took a nap since the heat pretty much got us very exhausted. We got up and did some house shores and then had some cheesecake. We bought a cheesecake sampler, which has slices of several kind of cheesecakes - plain, with strawberry swirl, chocolate, and with apple. I had a slice of the one with strawberry swirl. I was fine.

Today Monday I was fine too... but I did eat a slice of chocolate cheesecake at around noon, but chocolate has never given me any sort of allergies. It’s very strange.

Right now the bumps look very pink and super swollen and they itch like crazy. They have now spread to my face, making it look puffy and uneven in color. My feet and hands are beginning to itch as well. I can actually see a few bumps in the palms of my hands! These weren’t there before! Besides, I took a shower soon after I noticed the actual rash, this was at around 8:30 or so, when I finished with the closets. If I had something on my clothes it should of been gone after the shower no? I sprayed lysol all over my stuff and this morning I washed everything we used on Sunday. >_<

I’m soooo tired! I have to do lot’s of stuff tomorrow but I can’t sleep!

3 Comments:

At 11:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some form of mumps?

When I was young, I had a strange outbreak that I and my parents couldn't explain. They were large red bumps and itched like hell. It only covered my stomach though. No one else got it. They went away after a few days too and I haven't had them again.

Right now, I'm still contending with noseeums bites (all over my hands >_<) from my kayak trip. I think they're worse than the B-52s (mosquitoes) we have here.

CALAMYN (sp?) LOTION! You know, the stuff they use for chicken pox? It is a wonderful itch represent.

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger Kitty said...

Don't think so, since I had that when I was like in the 4th grade. Although I was thinking afterwards that it could have been some small pox or something because just this Saturday I had a bunch of vaccines injected - requirement for foreigners. All weekend my arm was sore and in pain and my mom said that maybe i was getting a reaction to one of the vaccines for which i've never actually had the illness as a child. The Doc assured us it wasn't. I actually went to see him today. Gave me a steroid shot to lower the discomfort, prescribed soem pills. I also got this medicinal cream called Triamcinolon for the lowering of the redness. I've heard of calamine lotion, my mom used it on us a lot when we were little and had the whole chicken pox thing but I didn't feel like having whitish spots all over my face, arms, and neck on public. :D I'd be scaring a lot of people like that.

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger Kitty said...

Don't think so, since I had that when I was like in the 4th grade. Although I was thinking afterwards that it could have been some small pox or something because just this Saturday I had a bunch of vaccines injected - requirement for foreigners. All weekend my arm was sore and in pain and my mom said that maybe i was getting a reaction to one of the vaccines for which i've never actually had the illness as a child. The Doc assured us it wasn't. I actually went to see him today. Gave me a steroid shot to lower the discomfort, prescribed soem pills. I also got this medicinal cream called Triamcinolon for the lowering of the redness. I've heard of calamine lotion, my mom used it on us a lot when we were little and had the whole chicken pox thing but I didn't feel like having whitish spots all over my face, arms, and neck on public. :D I'd be scaring a lot of people like that. But maybe right now that I'm going to bed. Husband will have to deal seeing me like that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home