Wednesday, August 03, 2005

My first Wirework Set


Done! Took me many hours but it's finally finished. The bracelet took me around 5.5 hours to make in a span of two days. Earrings an hour-and-a-half. The necklace about another 4.5 hours - I had already gotten the hang of it but I originally set the beads and springs in more wire and it made it look too stiff, so I changed it so that it would go on regular beadalong. It has a much better fall on the neck like that.


Finished bracelet and earrings


And a necklace to go with the set above

3 Comments:

At 6:57 AM, Blogger Darv said...

Very nice. Have you mounted the stones you bought the other day into them yet?

 
At 8:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the earrings the best ^_^ I made something similiar for a Girlfriend's birthday present, though not quite as long

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger Kitty said...

Karnov, yes! I have, 2 of them. My first attempt came out looking like a little bottle. My 2nd one is much better and am currently working it into a chocker. I will take pics of those as soon as I am done with the whole jewelry sets.

Lore, yah. I like long earrings. Elongates the neck and the face and so I look more stylized, thinner. Plus big things help a big woman. Tiny jewelry does little for plus sized because they just get lost in the mass that is us. :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home