Sunday, September 30, 2007

Gifts for Baby


I started working part-time 2 weeks ago and it feels good. I find myself falling asleep in a chair after a while so I really need the extra rest… Well, when I actually get it. Leaving the museum by 1 pm doesn’t mean I do any less. There is always something to be done; the advantage is how and where I can do it and what I am wearing while doing so. My legs area starting to feel heavy (no cankles yet, thankfully) and they seem spotted with blotches of pink. When husband notices I no longer have ‘chicken’ legs then it must definitely mean they are getting plumper. I wish my legs always looked like this, though, they look pretty… they just don’t feel too good (restless legs, crawlies at night, etc). Sooo I get home, take off the shoes and wear comfy sandals and pick up my feet while I do some work from home, something I can’t really do at the museum. Oh, I am not driving anymore. I have personal chauffeurs, hahah!

I am not sure how much longer I’ll be able to continue to go physically to the museum. I’ve already talked to my boss and senior staff and during my leave I shall continue to work from home as many of my things I can do from my little home office. I am thinking I can go for 2 weeks more… it really depends on how I am feeling and what my doctor says.

Yesterday I had my baby shower (Sept 29, 2007), which was put together by my mom and sister. It was great! They reserved this cozy tea place called Media Luna, the entire place was for us and the service was excellent. The food was delicious. My sister and a friend of the family organized all games and gifts for the guests and my mom coordinated decorations, menu, invitations, and everything else!

I got TONS of stuff for my Fatima. Baby clothes (tons), blankies (tons), monitors (2), play pens (2), strollers (3!), diaper bags (4!) assorted rattles and pacifiers, diapers and accessories, a walker, a swing, a camera and a dvd recorder. The things I got 2 of I can split with my mom for when Fatima goes to visit her grandma, the strollers and diaper bags I’ll have to see if I can exchange at the store. Everything was from Target, the only place I registered for convenience – plus they have very cute stuff there. I am thinking several of my friends went shopping at the same time and the system didn’t right away go through, or a few of them forgot to go to the front desk to tell the people to update the registry after they’d purchased the gifts.

The living room is full of boxes right now and I think I’ve put away all the baby clothes already. I want to start putting some of the larger things together but I need to buy nets first, otherwise the kitties will cozy up in them before she does!

It has been great and it felt so good seeing all my friends and knowing how much everyone cares. My little baby comes to a very loving place.

5 Comments:

At 7:48 PM, Blogger Deekin said...

Sounds like it was a nice time.

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger Kitty said...

I had fun and my friends said they enjoyed the evening as well. Food was good too. :D That's always a plus.

 
At 6:15 AM, Blogger Deekin said...

Yours must be born by now because ours is almost on its way.

 
At 6:17 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Any news?

 
At 11:02 PM, Blogger Kitty said...

Oh so much!

She's big big big now!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home