Sunday, December 10, 2006

In Texas


...people’s schedules are set according to The Cowboys.

We had Open House at the museum on Thursday. It was a great show, we had about 120 people recorded and I know the docents missed quite a few because people were piling up to get in to the museum.

During the evening I advertised two other events we were having – the photography lecture for Friday noon, and the holiday concert for today, Sunday. One of our city commissioners was around for Open House and we went to my office so he could show me a video we were working on for the museum, “Thanks so much for coming today! The support is great. Oh by the way, you have to come back again on Sunday.” And I gave him one of the pamphlets I made for the event. Charlie looks at it and says – he lets me call him by his first name, great gentleman, a big Arts and children programs supporter – “Oh yeah, this looks like fun… oh wait, wait, wait… When are the Cowboys playing?”

I look at him and raise my eyebrow, “They play in the late evening. So no excuses.”

He just laughed.

Today in the morning as I was getting ready to go to the museum my husband told me “You know, you guys are lucky the Cowboys are playing in the evening, otherwise forget it, you’d only have the musicians there.”

That would have been the truth.

Anyway. The concert was great! We had the Renaissance group play in costumes (that was something new for many of us) and then the Brass consort. We have great acoustics in the museum. The sound flowed nicely throughout the 3 main atriums.

Overall, it was a very nice event and all visitors left very happy.

2 Comments:

At 7:06 AM, Blogger Darv said...

Sounds like it went good. =)

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger Darv said...

BLOG POST!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home