Wednesday, June 09, 2004

arms... tired....


Woo-hoo!

I increased my weight level… no, not my ‘mass’ weight, but my… lifting weight – I am still trying to lose weight. Heheh this is confusing. Since Monday I started with what is called ‘strength training’ in the world of bodybuilding. I am following a smiple routine, where I do a small set of repetitions at a very slow pace and with as much weight as possible until I reach muscle fatigue. That’s what body builders do when they want to get buffed!!!

Yum yum

It would be much better if I could do free weights, but there are none at the swimming center. Most of the machines there are for aided weight lifting, and most are the basic ones used most by swimmers. Standard stuff such as a Bowflexes, leg presses, assisted weight chinups, and several other Nautilus machines (tricep, bicep, thighs), oh oh oh and this super neato machines that are inclines that slide front and back while you pull yourself with the aid of strings, so it’s like a simulated rowing machine but inclined… TOUGH!!!

Anyway. I used to do the standard 6 sets of 8 reps for bicep, tricep, shoulder, chest, calves, and thighs with average weight of 30 to 160 lbs accordingly. This weeks I have managed to do 2 sets of 8 reps each of the same body areas but with almost doubled the weight. On the arms I managed an average of 50-80lbs (depending on which area of the arm I was working), inner and outer thighs I did 65 & 120lbs, and for claves and leg presses I managed 220lbs. Boy I was beat. My limbs were quivering like crazy after I was done with all the stretching. I’ll continue these weights until I can do the reps in my sleep, then I shall increase 10-30 lbs.

I get to rest tomorrow from weights, so I’ll only do laps and then practice with mom on her breathing. *yawn* For now I am sleepy…

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home