Tuesday, May 04, 2004

If only I could draw... sketch even...


I saw a most beautiful boy today. He sat at a table across from me... sideways. He was hunching over a blue plastic bowl, eyes gazing at a slice of cooked green pepper that he had pulled out of the soup with his plastic fork. He seemed bored, worried, sad? Made me wonder what he had on his mind. Could anyone help? Did he need a friend? I was engrossed with the scene, admiring the straight nose, defined jaw, and the small brown eyes that continued to peer into the bowl. For the first time in my life I wished I could draw... really, really draw so that I could forever hold the image of this young, pretty man. So that he would never age, never die. His large hand took the bowl and thin fingers helped tilt it to his lips, thinned and tanned.

Another boy came over and they exchanged words while turning to look at one of the windows. The pretty one quickly finished his meal, covered his Tupperware and then got up, following his 'friend' to somewhere... I just didn't think it right to continue to stare as if to make it any more obvious. And unfortunately, I was not able to get a glimpse at his name tag...

*sigh*

My pocket will suffer from now on.

Burger King, you now have a new daily customer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home