Sunday, June 13, 2004

Ufff; altercation.


Morning went pretty good; the hubby washed the car, I cleaned the house, we watched a soccer game on TV and so on. Then suddenly, I was angry out of nothing. The cat started getting very anxious and doing mischief and I was just sitting on one side of the sofa, waiting for the slightest thing to jump out screaming. I am not even sure how things happened but husband took one of his drumsticks and began to wave it around playfully but I was already in a bad mood and I took the other and I slammed it against his leg because I didn't feel like playing. He let out an 'ouch' and looked at me frowning. He began to say something but stopped himself, shook his head and turned to look at the TV.

We didn't say anything to each other for a while and then I went to the kitchen to dry dishes. The cat followed me right away and began to cry out so that I would give her something to eat. I didn't and she just kept at it until I found myself screaming at her so that she'd shut up. The cat just looked at me for a few seconds and then resumed her whining. I proceeded to ignore her. In one of those I walked close to her to get the dishes in the pantry and she bit me. She started to run away immediately, because she is not dumb... she knows biting is wrong, but I was pretty fast (anger makes me jumpy and fast) and I bent down, put my hand over her back and gave her like 4 slaps on her butt while I kept telling her that I was in no mood and to get the hell away from me. I let her go and she ran to the window and just sat there looking outside.

My husband didn't say anything, and I stayed in the kitchen defrosting meat. When I went out I went to open the window for the cat... I was feeling guilty. Yes, she was a bad kitty but I was already angry to begin with so I was just waiting for anything to reprimand I guess. As soon as hubby saw me he began to tell me to leave the baby alone and to never slap her butt again. I told him she had bit me and he said that it was because I had bothered her first. I repeated myself and he said the same thing again.

I just turned around and got in the kitchen area and just started cooking. I felt like pasta so I began chopping and measuring ingredients to make a simple meatloaf. I put it in the oven, washed the dishes I had used and went inside the bedroom looking for my purse, which I didn't find. Husband began to make his way along the hall and I hurried into my study and locked myself in. I didn't feel like talking. He asked something about food but I did not answer. I spent 30-some minutes reading web comics and then got out to check on the meatloaf. I took it out from the oven, poured tomato, garlic and oregano sauce on it and put it back inside the oven. I placed some water to boil. I noticed a BK bag with 3 burgers and fries... I guess he went out while I was in the study. He had already fed Chiquita too.

I went back into the study. I got out like 15 minutes later and he got up from the couch to talk. I just moved into the kitchen and took out the meatloaf and placed it in a wood table to cool down. I don't even remember what he was saying, I was busy preparing the pasta, but he left back tot he living room after he felt ignored for enough time. It was done in like 5 minutes and after draining it I put it in plates and mixed it with a little butter, oregano and garlic powder and accompanied it with a slice of meatloaf. I took it to him and he asked where mine was... He always asks that and I often tell him that I only have 2 hands and that I can only bring his plate and utensils, not both. This time I was too edgy and I yelled at him. And by the manner I did it one would have thought that he had told me he didn't like meatloaf or something.

I prepared my plate and took it to the table. He walked over with his a bit after, saying he didn't like to eat without me. We talked a little more and he told me France had won it's match against England. When we were done he took the plates and washed them. I sat to watch some TV and shortly after I went to the study again. Chiquita followed me in and I shoved her out of the room telling her I was still angry and I didn't want her in the room. The other day I found many of my cables chewed up.

He went into the study several minutes later and just lay down on the couch there and fell asleep. I woke him up about an hour later and made out. We watched a movie on TV at seven and things are fine again. What the hell was all about today then? I can't even remember why I got so grouchy. I know it was my fault; I started it... but why?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home