Sunday, August 01, 2004

Hubby and niece have arrived.


Alrighty. I got a call from Hubby at around 7am and he let me know that their plane back had been delayed due to bad weather conditions. Originally Hubby and Bashma were supposed to leave the Philadelphia airport at around 8 something but all flights were delayed by 2 ½ hours, approximately. Uff.

So the plan to pick them up by 1 at the Harlingen airport was off. I would wait until they called me from Houston so that I would leave to pick them up. At around 2pm my husband called and said that they had just arrived to Houston and that they would arrive in Brownsville, not Harlingen. Since their first plane was delayed so much, they missed their connection flight in Houston and they were given another plane, which luckily made its flight all the way to Brownsville. All good for me! Harlingen is another city about 40-some minutes away, and we live in Brownsville so that would work nice. He told me that they were scheduled to arrive at around 3:45pm, so I left home close to 3pm.

At that airport I found out that the flight from Houston-Brownsville had been delayed as well and was running about 25 minutes late. Okay, no problem… everybody was waiting and waiting. Finally it arrived at 4:10pm.

My niece stretched up so much! She’s about a foot taller… and she’s not 10 or 11. She is actually 9! Ooops. Heheh. I received her with a small baggie with a teddy bear and drawing utensils: sketch pad, markers, color pencils, Disney No. 2 pencils, Disney blue and black ink pens, rulers, glue, and Barbie and Hello Kitty stickers. All materials swiped from mom’s home. Heheheh. She’s got her garage full of notebooks, pens, pencils, markers, PRISMACOLOR pencils (wow… I was like… WOW… each set is worth so much and she has like boxes full).

Well, next we go to pick up the luggage… the belt goes and goes… and goes and goes… and goes and goes… but no luggage. Seems that in the change and re-change of flights, the luggage were sent somewhere else. Hubby’s got all his stuff at home… but Bashma was only wearing what she had on. Ehhh.

Oh wells. We went home, ate some byrianni that Hubby’s mom made (nicely packaged in topper ware, which husband carried with him in the plane). Then my husband had to take a nap while Bashma and I watched cartoons. We have the same taste in shows. ^_^ So after my parents came over (they came from Laredo and before going to their house they stopped at ours to say hi to Bashma), gave me some pillows and cases for Bashma and then headed to their home. Zulfiker, Bashma and I went shopping for some pajamas and a change of clothes for her, while we got her luggage back.

A couple of hours later we received a call that the airport had located the bags and they would be delivering them to us at around 11pm.

ANNNDDDDD the people from the airport just knocked on the door… it’s 12:21am… Well, better late (or early!) than never!

I’m out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home