Sunday, October 16, 2005

Jewelry, White MOK & Turban Choker


MOK has turned out to be a very useful knot. Here is this other piece in my white practice thread. This one’s for me. ^_^ Oh check it, I also created a new knot! Well I wish to think I created it since so far all the knotting books and sites I’ve seen, I haven’t seen this particular design. :D I call it a Turban Knot because if you look closely it looks like.... a turban. Anyway it descends from a Monkey Fist. My various attempts at that particular knot were simply not coming out; however, I started to see a pattern on the way I was pulling my thread. I decided to modify the technique slightly and the turban came out. Took me about 30 minutes to do the darn knot and for it to come out in the middle of the string. These things are tricky. Even MOKs are difficult to control because at pulling, the knots may leave wider spaces in between knots than in other areas. Must use a tactful hand at these.


White MOK & Turban Choker


Turban Knot


The necklace/choker is 16-16.5 inches and the drop is of 3 inches in length (from the top of the turban to the end of the stone).

2 Comments:

At 5:40 AM, Blogger Darv said...

Nice looking. Always craftin'

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger Kitty said...

Thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home