Monday, March 06, 2006

In The Clouds


Well the Art Show is over now, I believe only the category winners and people’s favorites will continue to be displayed until about the end of the month. So yesterday, Sunday, I went at 5pm to pick up my works and leave free room for other events that the museum may be having. My husband went with me to help me pull down my works from the walls and pack them, etc. So I am counting and one is missing! "The Suitor" was not at the wall so I am looking around and then my husband went to ask about it and everyone starts telling me, “Congratulations it sold!” and the museum director hands me a check.

Me: O_O.... X_x!

Is like... wow!

^_^ <— ish Extremely happy.

I missed the patron by like 5 minutes so hopefully I can get her address from the museum so that I can send her a thank you card.

On another note, I missed meeting fellow Artist, Wendy (All My Tediousness Upon Thee). When I got there she had already picked up her sculptures. :( Maybe at another occasion we can chat.

Yey!

7 Comments:

At 3:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Coolness... how much did it sell for if I can ask that? lol

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger Kitty said...

The Suitor was printed as an 8x10, so it was a very small portrait. After print fees, framing, shipping, and entry fees, I priced it at $80. The museum kept a 30% of the sale (broker fees, you can call them) and they printed me a check for the difference. I barely broke even, but it was a learning experience.

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger Kitty said...

Oh yes, I forgot to mention... I took off the print from Deviant's shop (It's in my gallery but just to view, not to print) because this one, just as the others I entered, are one of a kind. Something to keep in mind if you ever want to submit a print to a gallery or museum. You either print a certain number (and number them 1/10 until 10/10) or just print one.

 
At 10:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That makes sense. I'll remember that when I eventually become brave enough to sell prints lol

That improves the rarity of the picture too, right?

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger Mz. Gydnew said...

How cool that your picture sold! I was sorry to miss you as well. I had my son with me and while he was good about walking around and looking at the art, he was practically dragging me out of the door the moment I could get my pieces.

 
At 5:31 PM, Blogger Kitty said...

Lore: yes, the less copies made the better. Is like you are trying to sell an oil portrait - there will only be one. If you want more than 1, then you make prints or take pictures of it... But I am sticking to only originals.

Wendy: Sounds like my husband... on Wednesday he went aroudn the museum like in 5 minutes, then went srtaigt for the food, and I had barely seen like 6 paintings... the remainer of the night he kept telling me he wanted to go home 'cause his feet hurt. ~_~ I had to rush through the water color under glass category.

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger Darv said...

NICE! That is kinda neat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home