Wednesday, March 01, 2006

The 35th International Art Show


...at the Brownsville Museum of Fine Art started today. As I mentioned before, I submitted several works of the ones printed about a month ago and guess what?

Next year I get to charge more for my pieces because... I have a name now.

I’m a third place winner for the Digital Art category with my piece: The Suitor.

This makes me quite happy but also adds on the pressure. I have to keep working and not let the quality and imagination slip.

8 Comments:

At 9:51 AM, Blogger Darv said...

Good work. =)

 
At 11:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's good to hear that it was a successful venture! *claps happily*

 
At 8:15 PM, Blogger Kitty said...

Thank you both!

 
At 8:20 AM, Blogger Mz. Gydnew said...

That's really cool! I submitted two ceramic pieces into the show. I won't be down there till Sunday to see how I did.

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger Kitty said...

Wendy, which ones were they?! I remember the pieces that placed. :D But of course, if you wish to keep the anxiety until Sunday then I won't say a thing. :D Hmmm I think I'll go look at my program :D

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger Kitty said...

Wendy, nevermind I just saw them at your blog and I DO remember them. But I wont spoil a thing. ^_~

Oh my moher loved your raku fired bowl! Your two pieces must have taken a long while to complete. I remember when I did a clay mast at the university (pffftt like 8 yrs ago) and just preparing the clay took me a week :d I got some pretty strong arms from all that clay squeezing. hehehe

 
At 3:04 PM, Blogger Mz. Gydnew said...

Pleease tell me! :D
you can email me direct if you want the.wendy.lady@gmail.com

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger Kitty said...

kk. Will do that, but it will take away the surprise. :p

 

Post a Comment

<< Home