Friday, January 27, 2006

Senior Citizens Dance


My gradma invited me to a dance that was taking place at the adult day care center she attends. She does not live there, but she does go daily from 8am til 3pm and there she gets breakfast, lunch, a snack, as well as does diverse crafts. There are all type of senior citizens in there, some that need special care because they are ill, others that go for the company of others. Overall a very nice environment.

... and damn! Those old people dance!

They had a live band - over here the music of choice is Tejano - and a dance contest. The band would play a song and then give a few minutes breathers for the seniors and then play again. Some of the older guys there had their canes and could barely walk but when the music would start they’d dance like nothing... then they would sit down all out of breath and tired. Music started and up they went again. It reminded me of Master Joda when it fought against the Sith and was twirling and doing back flips all over the place, then the fight ended and it reached for its cane and walked as if he was arthritis ridden. *giggle*

It was cute and I got to check out some moves that I didn’t know.

I may just go to her events a little more and learn to dance.

3 Comments:

At 10:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha, there's a class that goes on at the gym when i'm there on Mondays. It's some sort of dance class, tango or something I think... and I must agree.. Senior Citizens can dance!

 
At 8:49 AM, Blogger Z said...

My grandmother used to go out to night clubs because she enjoyed dancing so much and being around young people. She always said she hated old people and felt more at ease around younger people. I'm sure she partied harder than me. She put me to shame with her exploits. I really miss her now.

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger Kitty said...

TS, Lore: Yes! Seniors are wild! :d

 

Post a Comment

<< Home