Wednesday, April 07, 2004

Darn that was painful


So I woke up late today - 8:41 am. I figured I could sleep late since my doc's appointment wasn't until 10 am. I take my shower, dry my hair, put on my lotions and powders, get dressed, clean the kitty litter, feed Chiquita (my kitty), put on the make-up and make my way out to the car. It was 9:53 am., the doc's office is about 5 mins away driving moderate to fast.

I turn on the car and... ~_~ Husband left me the one without gas. >_< He knew I would be driving today! He does this all the time. Whenever I need to use one of the cars, I always find myself with the one that had the red line over the 'E.' Baby... E means Empty... as in.. FILL IT UP BEFORE YOU GET HOME!

Heh. But like I said... 5 minutes away - I could make it. Passed several turtle-drivers and then hunted down for a place to park and made my way to his office. This is the first time I talk to this doctor; my mom liked him so she told me to give him a try. Generally I do not like to get checkups very often - I dislike the cold-meat treatment. Yes, I know doctors are supposed to be unattached and not very friendly (wouldn't want to get a lawsuit from some lady that thinks he got a little Too friendly, right?) but C'mon! Don't just poke me and then write stuff down without ever telling me what it is that you are doing! I did not go to med school and while a lump here or there may be a very common thing in your line of work, it is Not For Me. Tell me that it is nothing. Tell me that you will push me here, probe me there. Tell me that I should eat more vegetables... Tell me anything.

Well that said and done. I was surprised that I was walked to the inside rooms as soon as I walked in. The nurse was chatty and measured and weighed me. I have lost 7 pounds! Woo-hoo Go Me! Then took me to another room where she asked me standard questions - pregnancies, abortions, last ".", heart-lung-pressure-diabetic conditions, and why I was there. She asked me to wait a moment and that the doctor would come right over. Okay so here I am thinking 'In this place they put you in quickly so that one doesn’t complain and THEN we do the waiting inside. Nope, I was wrong, and gladly so. The Dr. came in soon after and sat down to have a nice long talk with me. Asked me things about my past medical history, any concerns I had, etc, etc. It was nice. Then he asked me to change into the paper thingies and stepped out. No small paper shirts here... these were long, paper, but at least long. I wore the ‘robe’, which went down to my knees and actually went all around my body. Then I sat on the table and placed the other paper (like half a sheet) over my lap. Several minutes later he knocked again and stepped in with the nurse.

Standard procedure, push and touch then probe and poke. ~_~ It hurt. It always hurts. He told me that it was best to check well rather than having to get to an operation room later. "Or don't you think, Renata?" "Sure it is... but I gotta be honest. *wince* I didn't even want to come here in the first place." "Haha. Yes, I understand. *push-push*" I screamed. Well, 'I yelped' was more like it. It hurt! But at least he was talking the whole time and explaining what he was doing and what he was finding.

So after all was done I get dressed and the nurse takes a blood sample. She told me she should get results by tomorrow so I could call her around 3 pm. Groovy, that's quick.

I got to the store at 12 noon. Not bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home