Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Surgery went fine!


Mom underwent surgery. Hubby and I arrived before 5am to meet with my parents and sister. They arrived a little after 5am. Mom was taken into her private room right away and dad stayed with her. Around 6:00 she was taken in for surgery. It was a C-section to remove a cyst the size of a 5-month-old fetus. Her cut was made vertically, as opposed to the less noticeable horizontal.

Shucks, now she can't wear bikinis at the beach no more. Bummer.

Well, it all went great. She got out of surgery at around 10 something. She was under the effect of the anesthesia and could barely talk. She said her tongue felt so thick and heavy. It sounded like that as well. Her face was so swollen, as were her hands and legs. She fell asleep pretty quickly and we left the room to allow her some rest. My sister and I headed to mom's house and watched a movie while we waited for my husband to get out of work so he could take me home. Got home at 6pm, took a 2-hour nap, and then showered and we headed to the hospital. Dad and my sis were just waiting for me to take over. I spent the night with her at the room. It was a tiring day and night. Every hour we would awake; nurses had to check up on her and I would then give her massages on her feet, legs and at times on her back. Being lying on her back really began to cause her pain. No need to walk her to the rest room yet - she had a tube that would take care of that for her. Looked painful, though. >_<

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home