Friday, August 06, 2004

First days with my niece


Alright, few updates lately as you all can see. I have been busy, busy with my niece so for a few more days my Internet time will be minimal.

Last week we did quite a bit of stuff. Went to the Gladys Porter Zoo on Monday and I got quite a bit of nice pictures. Unfortunately I forgot to charge my camera’s battery so I was only able to get like 40 minutes worth of material (so about 20 pictures or so).



We had fun… even if most animals were not outside. It was very, very hot, (104 degress F) so the majority of the zoo pets were hiding in whatever shade they could find. Not even the monkeys were monkeying around! I did, however, see the Galapagos tortoises for the first time in all the times that I have gone to the zoo. ^_^ They were out!



Tuesday I woke her up early. We dropped off my husband at work and then made our way to the Library… which was closed at 8am. So we went back home and after breakfast I gave her a quick Arts and Crafts class. The result was a neato Hello Kitty door hanger thingamagiggy. It was fun, easy, affordable, and best of all: kept her busy.



After lunch we made our way to the Brownsville Public Library again and checked out some books: Fiction for her and Non-Fiction for me. In the afternoon Husband and I tried to teach her to use the bicycle but she was afraid, so we rode the bike instead and she just ran behind us. *shrugs* It happens. I guess she needs to get taller, you know, so that she will stop being afraid of falling down.

Wednesday we didn’t get to do as much. My suv was leaking oil so I decided to get it checked. I did not want to have some sort of accident with my niece around, so better safe than sorry! We were at the dealer’s for half a day… ~_~ So basically we were out of the house since 7:30am until 2:00pm. We just got home and had lunch! Then we watched Finding Nemo which luckily came on the mail that same day. ^_^ I got it off ebay for 6.45!!! The 2-CD special edition – hehehe me likes ebay.

After picking up my husband we rode around town looking for the public pool from the Boys and Girls club of Brownsville and found the place to be pretty nice. There are many soccer, and basket ball courts, as well as nice areas for picnics. The pool is of average length, not for laps, but excellent for children. At night Husband took us to the movies and we watched Mean Girls. Ehhh it was so-so, but Basma liked it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home