Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Pastels: Irma


Portrait drawing is difficult. Just knowing the right proportions and positioning of face features is not enough. There are just so many details that need to be noticed. I am ‘sort of’ getting it, trying to pay close attention to shape of eyes, noses, recognizable marks, etc, etc. I do not have my first portraits ‘cause I gave them to the models without taking pictures, and those were done in pencil. Pastels are fun but kinda messy (not as much as charcoal of course and I looove charcoals) must have fingers clean from one color before smudging onto another or you may get funky colors.


Irma; 03.21.06


Model: Irma

3 Comments:

At 12:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, not too shabby :)

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger Z said...

Well done. That pictures fantastic :)

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger Z said...

Just wanted to let you know that I have changed my blog address to : http://theramblingsofturboslut.blogspot.com Hopefully, I can now blog more freely.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home