Monday, August 16, 2004

Niece's mom is here


My sister-in-law arrived to Brownsville on Friday at around 6:30pm. We ate at home and watched Independence Day, which they had not seen… Egad! I could not allow them to leave my house without viewing such a fantastic film - one of my very favorites.

Saturday we spent the entire day shopping, since she said that clothes and shoes were much more affordable here than they were in the New York/New Jersey area. Whoa did she buy stuff!!! Lots of stuff for her and for Basma. We had to give her a couple of our suitcases so that she could take everything back home.

Sunday we woke up early and Husband drove them to the airport. Their plane was to leave at 8:30 in the morning and make a stop in Houston. When they arrived over there, we learned that they were told no seats were available for them… WTF?! They HAD a ticket… so what was this ‘No Seats Available’ all about?! I am not really sure how that happened nor how they solved it. My husband was the one to talk to her only and he did not tell me much. Things were solved, luckily, but I am not sure if they had to wait for another plane. They arrived to New York at around 7 pm and then they made their way to their place by way of taxi.

Basma told her grandparents that she had had a nice time with us, which I am sure she meant. While we do not have many places to visit down here, I tried to keep her busy as much as possible. ^_^ I’ll be happy to have her over again on her next vacations. It is always nice to have a young one over and teach them stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home