Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Sandy Weekend


Well, my mom woke us up early on Saturday (6 am). She and my dad wanted to run 10 kilometers so they stopped by to drop off their truck at my house and then they would run along the main road - Alton Glore is straight road, in pretty good conditions that happens to have a bike lane, so it is quite inviting for the athletes. One often sees groups of runners and cyclists along this road. She also told me that the library was going to show Peter Pan and pass out popcorn and refreshments for free. Woo hoo! I was there!

After we went to eat at a Mexican restaurant with my parents and then Hubby took us to the beach! My parents didn’t go because they were tired from the run.



All was pretty good. Very hot and sunny and I got this really neato tan! ^_^ My legs no longer blind people, woo hoo! Well, we made a sand castle, played a little soocer and rolled around in the shallow waters. I was the only one to go deep, since… well… I was the only one that knew how to swim. Heh! And my husband wants me to teach her to swim no matter what! He should let me teach him first.

Well, as it is with all kids. They are content while getting dirty… but as soon as the mud (or in this case the sand) starts to dry up, they are pretty unhappy. She was all serious and just wanted to get home and to get home and to get home. Oiiii. So as soon as we got to the parking lot of a souvenir shop I had to pour the gallon of drinking water that we had taken so that she could at least not feel the sand all over her legs. Then we bought her an icesicle and complaints ended. She was probably just hot. More comfortable now, we made our way home and we sent her straight to the shower.

We spent the afternoon watching Hindi movies.

Sunday we went to Toys-R-Us and bought several board games. I wanted to go to the tennis courts and play a while, but husband said it was very hot so that maybe we should postpone it for later. By the end of the day we were just playing at the house and they didn't really feel like going out. Hopefully I get to play tennis sometime this week. It'd be fun. We'll see when we get to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home