Sunday, August 08, 2004

Vacations continued


Thursday we did crafts again. I taught her to make glue for paper mache and we started making our molds for the project. We decided on making picture frames that she will give to her mom and grandma.


Messy, messy project, so I had to cover up the table pretty well, but it was fun especially since she got to watch how I made the glue (not really glue, but perfect for paper) and then we gave volume to her heart-shaped frames.


We did not finish the frames that day, sine we needed to really let it dry. As it was, one of the frames arched a little. Oops. We did not press it correctly while doing it. Well it still looks nice.

I took her to the pool then. She did not want to go, and was scared of getting water in her ears, her eyes, her hair… etc, etc. But after an hour of playing around she didn’t want to get out anymore! Hehehe. But I forgot to take the sunscreen and I was seriously getting sunburned. My whole face burned and she told me I was red, so that’s when I decided it was time to go. We went to my mom’s afterwards because I had to pick up more paper for our frame project (she has tons of tissue paper of different colors) and plus I still did not have lunch at home and Basma was hungry. So mom gave us fruits and biscuits. ^_^ And colorful paper!



We finished the project on Friday and then went to the pool again. She was asking me if we could go to the pool since like 11 in the morning! Pool doesn’t open until 1pm so she had to wait.


Husband took us to Peter Piper’s and played games while eating cheese pizza. She gathered 175 tickets and exchanged them for 3 twirly, rainbow-colored pens… (a regular pen made of see0thru rainbow colored plastic). Then we went to the movies and watched Around the World in 80 Days with Jackie Chan. Very funny movie. Watch it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home