Sunday, October 17, 2004

Spiral and Rope


My sister is throwing a party for Halloween. We’ve been coming up with several activities for it and I am in charge of the scary music… and some dance music too, and games. ^_^

Since I am learning my Macrame, I decided to make several pieces to give out as prizes for winners of the games. I’m getting faster the more I knot.

This one is a regular half-knot bracelet which results in a spiral. I added black and orange pony beads to make it look all Halloweeny. It is 10 inches which fits the wrist of most girls, if not then there are an extra 2.5 inches (up to the last black bead). At the full 10.5 inches, it can be used as an anklet.


Spiral


This second one took close to 5 hours to finish! It is a more manly style… in other words, plain. It is using a technique called cross or monk knot… When I first saw it I was like “Wow! Now that’s a style I hadn’t seen before!” Geesh, now I know why. It’s a pain to do it! If I had 4 arms, I could have done it in about 2 hours, but since I am a normal human…

Anyway. I think it came out pretty nice. The full bracelet is 11 inches – perfect for your average guy.


Rope

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home