Friday, September 17, 2004

Needing Space


I spent most of the morning crying. I went into the living room and I did not see my baby. She was not on the couch, nor was she stretched languidly on the table as she usually is early mornings. Chico is being very loveable, purring and meowing all the time… it is nice but I wish Chiquita was here as well.

Well, I cleaned the house and gave Chico another bath (poor thing, he’s had like a bath every day since he got here). He was an outside baby and he came with a lot of fleas. I pretty much got rid of all the fleas by day 2 but he these tiny, brownish thingies over his fur that mom mentioned could be flea eggs. So I brush him and shake his fur and all that stuff. He doesn’t scratch anymore, so that is a very good sign… not to mention I pretty much covered the carpet with anti-flea spray.

After Husband got home and I helped him prepare dinner, he took me over to see Chiquita. It went okay… she was still resentful since she did not let us touch her, but at least she was not hissing at us anymore. Plus mom said she had eaten very well - while she was at the house along with Chico, she completely stopped eating and didn’t even go to the bathroom at all! We were quite concerned. It seems like she simply needed her space.

We decided that we shall visit Chiquita about 3 to 4 times a week for an hour and take Chico along with us so that she can get used to him without getting bored of his baby crying and restless playing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home