Tuesday, October 12, 2004

What An Inch Can Do


I have a couple of works that I had not posted because I had been lazy. The last time that I fixed my desk I moved it a bit to the right, lining it right next to a smaller desk where I had placed my scanner (a slick Epson Perfection 3200). Well I had not used such hardware in a while now until about 2 weeks ago or so. The smaller desk on the right has a raised table where a monitor should go, it is about 8 inches from the main table (where the keyboard should go) and when I tried to open my scanner… alas! The cover would hit the raised table. So I tried dragging the scanner more to the left, but double alas! My main desk wouldn’t let it move far enough to be free from the raised table. ~_~

So today I finally asked Hubby for help to move my main desk an inch to the left. Ta-da! Now I was able to scan this:


Jade - My first hemp jewelry


Now, why didn’t I just take a pic? ‘cause I am not a good photographer still, and so the detail would not be as evident as in a scan. Too bad I can’t put up the original scan in here. It would take forever to load… I scan at very high resolutions and then minimize for the web. Hehehe. ^_^

4 Comments:

At 8:53 AM, Blogger Darv said...

Pretty good for a scanned pic

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger Kitty said...

Thanks. It's all about the scanner. ^_^ Cost us around 350 bucks and I still do not know how to use it at its peak. The high resolution ones are like... wow.

 
At 10:03 AM, Blogger Darv said...

Whoa! Pricy. I think that is more then the the legal-sized hp 7400c used to cost that i use at work.

I use the work one a lot for scanning in these 20 foot Well Logs 1 section at a time then piece them together in photoshop.

I remember back when i got my 4100c at home it cost me 200 bucks and that was the low end price for a flat-bed scanner back about 6 years ago. When it broke i bought a 6300c (SCSI/USB) for about 150 bucks because it was mis-marked in price at bestbuy.com. I think it was a 400 dollar scanner at the time.

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger Kitty said...

Wow. You got a steal. The one I got was directly from Epson (Perfection 3200) and I just went to check the price and the scanner (a refurbished one) is still in the 300s. Yours is an HP Scanjet?

I've also purchased smaller scanners, like Visioneer (5300 & 6200) which range for like... 50 bucks or something. They are nice little things. Can't do much about definition but they get you out of a problem. ^_^ I only use the Epson now, though. The others are collecting dust. :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home