Sunday, November 20, 2005

3rd Meeting


We had our 3rd meeting of our small jewelers’ group. I am not sure if I had mentioned it before, but by chance I got to meet one lady that is a local beader and as we talked via e-mail she introduced me to another lady from my same town. When we all met for the first time we decided to hold meetings about every 2-3 weeks at someone’s house and in those meetings we would help each other with designs, techniques, or just completely teach something new for everyone.

In our 2nd meeting (Mel and Gary’s house at Donna) we basically showed some of the things we had been doing and got pointers from her in seed-bead related projects. I met another rookie like me (Mary) and got to teach the MOK technique for a simple choker like the ones I have shown before in here and the ladies caught on right away.

So today we met at Claudia’s home and met a new beader (Millie) who also specializes in seed beads. Claudia gave us a crash course on wire-working (that’s her specialty!) and explained the uses of different hammers and the such. Boy... I need to get real jeweler’s hammers. Hehehe. We then each started on our own projects while we chatted. I started a seed-bead project that involves making a needle case with peyote stitch. It is tough work, fortunately Mel gave me the necessary tips that made my life easier! She taught me tubular peyote stitch and the trick to get it to work the first time. :D She said it took her months before she figured out the easier way to make that particular technique work... ^_^ I just saved me a tons of days!

Well, next time we’ll be meeting at Millie’s and hopefully I’ll have my needle case all pretty by then.

2 Comments:

At 10:09 AM, Blogger Darv said...

Homemade bling. Sweet.

 
At 5:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Coolies ^_^ you'll have to share when you get a chance.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home